Before we begin we would like to thank you all for your patience concerning the details of this move, as well as your feedback to our survey.
As of today, the 1st of December, the new world (‘Berryverse’) is open for colonization.
This means you can now go to this world, take a random teleport portal, and find yourself a new spot for your home.
Over the past two months the staff team has been heavily discussing the details of this world move and we’ve finally decided on all the details.
Bare with us here, this is going to be a long list!
The new world
Now that the new world is up (but not finished) all of you can go there and find a new spot to live.
You can access the new world by using the /spawn command. If you wish to go back to the old world and the old spawn you can by using /warp spawn.
When you arrive at the new spawn, you will be in a box made out of mostly barriers, where on every side of you there is a random teleport portal. If you look down you’ll see the construction site of what is going to be the new spawn area, which is being heavily worked on by Stormy and her build team!
During the first month of colonization we will disable flying in the new world for Donators. WHY, you ask? Well, we felt like it was fair if everybody would start off as clean as possible within the conditions we’ve set for the world move. We do not want people to find strongholds, mansions, etc, extremely easily within the first five minutes of moving to the new world. This will only be a temporary measure. After the first month, when everybody has had at least a chance to get to the new world we’ll re-enable flying.
When and how will you move my buildings and items (and how many)?
When you’ve explored a bit of the new Berryverse and found yourself a suitable location where you would like to have your building moved, you can make a ticket at this location, notifying the staff that you’d like your building moved here.
Then you can go back to the old world and make a second (and third) tickets at the buildings that you wish to have moved. Also include whether you want the building to be rotated in any way. Chests should be included in one of the two buildings that are to be moved.
It is recommended that you be on the server while the staff member moves your’ builds to the new world to make the process go as smoothly as possible.
After a few weeks of discussing among the staff, we have come to the following decision on sizes, etc:
- Per player a total of two structures or areas may be moved
- Each building selection, including requested environment/surroundings, must not exceed 1,500,000 blocks in size.
- In case of only one building being moved, the selection, including requested surroundings, must not exceed 3,000,000 blocks in size.
- Staff will not terraform around the placed building in the new world. We will integrate the building into the environment as well as we can but will not be doing any terraforming after the initial placing.
- The player is expected to mark the corners/edges/markings of the to-be-moved build with colored wool (preferably red) so staff can easily select and copy, without having to find and mark the edges themselves.
- Every player will have a total of 12 chests moved to the new world, these are further subdivided:
- 2 double chests (or 4 singles) with special items:
- Mob heads and/or player heads
- Special server items like Blueberry Coffee / Building event trophies
- Enchanted items
- Mob eggs
- 4 double chests (or 8 singles) with regular items. Whatever you wish to move on top of the aforementioned special items.
- All of the chests should be placed inside the building that you’d like to have moved over to the new world (in case you move two buildings as aforementioned, place the chests in one of these two buildings).
- Any Shulkerboxes present in the any of the chests must be empty or shall not be moved. (So you cannot put a chest full of filled Shulkerboxes in order to move more items).
- Staff will tally how many warps each of our players have and re-award these to the players where desired, HOWEVER please carefully read through the upcoming gameplay changes about the changes in the warp system if you are a warp owner!
- After the initial move, new warps and portals will have to be paid for as per usual.
Based on the Server-Climate survey we’ve put out a few weeks ago we’ve also decided to make a couple of gameplay changes that will be occurring along with the world move.
We’ve come to this decision because we feel a couple of things on the server could be better and more balanced, while also more challenging.
In order to balance out the player dollhair balances in the server, we’ve decided we’re going to cut down the current balances of the players. In fact a lot of people also asked for a balance cut in the survey...
Now, we’ve decided not to cut down everyone's balance to the same amount, instead, we’re doing it on a player-to-player basis.
We decided that we also didn’t want a flat-rate or percentage of how much everybody would lose…. So we’re doing it in steps. This may make it a little hard to understand how we calculate the new balances.
Below we’ve added a screenshot of the calculation for the highest balance in the baltop.
Representation without taxation
During the moving process, we’re going to change a few other things in the economy.
We’ve heard complaints about how some people have extremely high balances and the economy is ruled by a small elite.
Now, what we know is that most of these ‘elite’ players earn a lot of money by among other things egging mobs. They also often have a few warps to their shops for example.
Basically they have a lot of representation without taxation. This is where we’re changing things….
In the future, mob egging will be taxed. The price per mob will be equal to the amount of redstone used to egg that specific mob, on top of the redstone itself.
As for warps….
We’re changing a few things about them within the next few weeks.
1. The prices for creating new warps are changing:
- Temporary warps, for example: player-hosted events, will be 500 dh
- Profitable warps, such as for shops, will be 5000 dh
- Non-profitable warps, for example for communities, will be 3000 dh
- We’re adding a daily tax on warps:
- If you have a temporary warp you will not pay a daily tax.
- Profitable warps are taxed with 40 dollhairs per day
- Non-profitable warps are taxed with 20 dollhairs per day
The main reason we’re doing this is because we want to promote the portals in our spawn area over warps. We also feel like those that have big shops with a lot of warps have too much advantage, causing new players to have very much trouble with creating a shop. New players will be able to get a portal at the spawn area just as easy as well-established players, which further balances out the competitive shopping environment of our server, and thus the economy.
Spawn portal room
While there currently is no spawn portal room in the new world, in the next few weeks we’ll be setting up a nice, big and beautiful portal room at the spawn area of the new world.
This room will be designed to prevent certain portals to have advantage over others in terms of placement and location.
We will also later in the future re-add spawn shop plots to our new spawn area.